Hi, I need to initiate a REST service on a PC server, after a RPG job completes.

There are a set of JSON requests available on the PC server.

I had a look on IBM developerworks that gives very good examples how to initiate a REST service.

1)The first one is a Authentication call.

I managed to make the authentication call with the supplied login credentials (I get a "SUCCESS" XML back)

Uri = <url with the user and password supplied>
Uri2= <url with the actual call ti initate the job on the PC>

tHandle_A = axiscTransportCreate(uri:AXISC_PROTOCOL_HTTP11);
if (tHandle_A = *NULL);
PRINT ('TransportCreate() failed');
return;
endif;

propBuf = 'GET' + X'00';
axiscTransportSetProperty(tHandle_A: AXISC_PROPERTY_HTTP_METHOD: %addr(propBuf));
flushAndReceiveData();

2)I'm struggling to find a way to pass this Authentication handle/token (tHandle_A) back to the next call that initiates the actual service.

In the next call, that will initiate the job on the PC server, I create new Handle , with a new URL (Uri2) to pass the necessary info to be able to make the call .

I tried to rather set the authentication properties on the second call by utilizing:

rc =axiscTransportSetProperty(tHandle:AXISC_PROPERTY_HTTP_BASICAUTH:%addr(propBuf1):%addr(propBuf2));

That doesn't work.

What I need is something like this: rc =axiscTransportSetProperty(tHandle_B:AXISC_PROPERTY_HTTP_BASICAUTH:thandle_A);

Where I pass the original handle (tHandle_A) that I got when I authenticated with the first call.

Or any other method to supply the authentication token with the next call.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Deon Fourie