From: RPG400-L [mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Bradley Stone
Sent: 14 November 2017 03:47 PM
To: RPG programming on the IBM i (AS/400 and iSeries)
Subject: Re: RPG calling a REST service

You didn't mention if your IBM i is making a request TO a service, or
acting as the server.

But, with your authentication it most likely is using some form of OAuth so
you probably need to pass the authentication information back in an HTTP
header (if you're making the request to a service). Normally it's
something like this:

Authorization: Bearer 0b79bab50daca910b000d4f1a2b675d604257e42

I am not familiar with how to add HTTP headers with the application you're
using since I always use GETURI for my HTTP requests. But I'm sure you can
find that or someone else can help as well. I would just make sure you
study the docs and most have sections on authentication/authorization that
are fairly specific.

Dealing with quite a few services over the past few years most use OAuth or
some "version" of that.

Bradley V. Stone
www.bvstools.com<http://www.bvstools.com>
MAILTOOL Benefit #12 <https://www.bvstools.com/mailtool.html<https://www.bvstools.com/mailtool.html>>: Both Text