From: RPG400-L [mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Gerald Magnuson
Sent: Mittwoch, 16. August 2017 20:24
To: RPG programming on the IBM i (AS/400 and iSeries) <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Parsing JSON data into a data structure without knowing variable's names

that works (it properly parses my json)... it returns only the first row though...
how do I return all row's.... or structure this to loop via cursor?

On Wed, Aug 16, 2017 at 12:34 PM, Birgitta Hauser <Hauser@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Hi Gerald,

Just include an Sub-Select that returns your JSON document from your
table

Select x.*
from JSON_TABLE(
(Select YourJSONColumn
from YourJSONTable
Where ....
Fetch First Row Only),
'$.Starting/Point'
Columns(....)) as x;

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Birgitta Hauser

"Shoot for the moon, even if you miss, you'll land among the stars."
(Les
Brown)
"What is worse than training your staff and losing them? Not training
them and keeping them!"
„Train people well enough so they can leave, treat them well enough so
they don't want to.“ (Richard Branson)