Henrik,

Maria was the one who first used the label "deep" to describe some of the
lesser-known procedure exports from YAJL. Your source-code example only
refers to the well-documented procedures, which require that the JSON
structure be known, before you can use them.

That program is "finding" a node reference by a name that must be known by
the programmer who is writing the code. Then looping through an array
within that node. The author of the program had to read the JSON himself in
order to write the code. That wouldn't work for generic utility.

Nathan.