It is not only the IP address. Our SQL Server servers have a port number of
:1433, I think.

Maybe check that also?

Regards,
Luis

Sent from my Moto G phone. Please excuse my brevity.

On May 22, 2017 11:21, "Rob Berendt" <rob@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

If the ping works (which the OP noted) then I can't see how using the IP
address will help. Here, where our network admin loves to change the IP
addresses around on a whim hardcoding IP addresses instead of using DNS is
a recipe for disaster. We have a data center move planned and I get to
change all my IBM i, aix, etc addresses. Yee haw!

I would use the suggested analysis that others have provided. Hopefully
it's not something like using a non variable length field and the spaces
causing issues.

Rob Berendt
Group Dekko
Dept 1600