Hi, Buck:

Auto-Report _is_ a pre-processor of RPG/400. Prompt the CRTRPTPGM command, press F10=Additional parameters, and page down until you see this:

Auto report output file . . . . OUTFILE _*NONE______
Library . . . . . . . . . . . _*LIBL______
Auto report output member . . . OUTMBR _*NONE______

Put the cursor in any of those fields and press F1=Help. It says:

: Auto report output file (OUTFILE) - Help :
: :
: Specifies the name of the output file for the RPG source :
: program created by the automatic report compiler. :
: :
: *NONE :
: More... :
: F2=Extended help F10=Move to top F12=Cancel :
: F13=Information Assistant F20=Enlarge F24=More keys :
: :

So, if someone really wanted to use Auto-Report with ILE RPG IV, you could run this command, specify the name of the source file, lbirary and member name for the output, then use that as input to CVTRPGSRC, and "Voila!" -- you have an ILE Auto-Report program.

Enjoy,

Mark S. Waterbury