From: RPG400-L [mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Douglas Handy
Sent: Monday, April 24, 2017 7:22 PM
To: RPG programming on the IBM i / System i
Subject: Providing web services using HTTPS

I am setting up a web service following the methods described by Scott
Klement in his presentation at:

http://www.scottklement.com/presentations/Providing%20RPG%20Web%2
0Services%20on%20IBM%20i.pdf

I can get everything to work when using http:// but I'd like the
traffic to
happen of TLS 1.x instead of plain text. The web service runs on its
own port,
not 80 or 443. This works:

http://myserver.com:xxxx/yada/yada/yada

This does not work:

https://myserver.com:xxxx/yada/yada/yada

Nothing in the server instance httpd.conf seems to be related, other
than
the listen port of xxxx.

I also can't find discussion of this in the XMLHttpRequest docs at:

https://xhr.spec.whatwg.org/

I can control both the client and server side, so one option would be
for me
to do my own encrypt / decrypt (and EBDIC conversion) and pass binary
data
instead of trying to piggy back off https support.

But is there a way to have the web service traffic just take advantage
of the
HTTPS support?
--
This is the RPG programming on the IBM i (AS/400 and iSeries)
(RPG400-L)