To: "RPG programming on the IBM i (AS/400 and iSeries)" <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Vernon Hamberg <vhamberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 11/05/2015 02:50PM
Subject: Re: Trying to get a RPG program to read a xlsx

Darryl

Are you using a literal in one of the parameters? Is the character after
the name somewhere around of after position 32?

I don't know who it would happen in your case - but character literals
in SBMJOB or from a command line that are less then 32 characters are
padded only out to 32 - whatever is in memory after that is what the
receiving parameter will get, if longer than 32.

Just a crazy guess, eh?

Vern