Jon Paris

www.partner400.com
www.SystemiDeveloper.com

On Dec 23, 2014, at 9:34 AM, Smith, Mike <Mike_Smith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Vern,

I think I can see how I can do it now. The only thing I'm concerned with and it may not be an issue, is the amount fields.
Apparently I need to turn my file (which I guess is really just a template) in to all alpha fields, then I can load the fields with my Heading fields.

Thanks
Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: RPG400-L [mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Vernon Hamberg
Sent: Tuesday, December 23, 2014 9:24 AM
To: RPG programming on the IBM i (AS/400 and iSeries)
Subject: Re: Getting a Handle on RPG’s Open Access

Mike

I've seen CSV files with a heading row - it's just another row of comma-separated values - something like this -

"Account","Address","City","State","ZIP"
"Fred's Tire Store","123 Any Street","Los Angeles","CA",93276

Excel would open that just fine - it could care less about numeric vs alpha in the ZIP column.

Maybe you can ask the HSA folks for an example - a picture and a 1000 words comes to mind!

Good luck!
Vern