Douglas,

Without going into the separate question of whether you should put them
into a service program (Answer: Almost certainly), have you considered
putting both the PR and the procedure in the same copybook?

Basically, your copybook (MYPROC) contains the following:

IF NOT DEFINED(MYPROC)
DEFINE MYPROC

// PR goes here - also other required definitions

ELSE

// Procedure code goes here

ENDIF

Then, in your program, you simply include the copybook twice - once in the
D-specs and once at the very bottom of the source:

/COPY QRPGLESRC,MYPROC

Just a thought as a temporary solution...

Rory

On Fri, Jun 13, 2014 at 7:42 AM, Scott Mildenberger <