As a user of customer support for RDP (now RDI again), I'd like to mention that the support team is really great. In my experience they have been very knowledgeable and timely. It's definitely worth it to get the support. Though as others said, even without support it works out that you're better off going that route instead of paying the one-time fee over and over.

-Kurt

-----Original Message-----
From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Vern Hamberg
Sent: Wednesday, June 19, 2013 12:15 PM
To: RPG programming on the IBM i (AS/400 and iSeries)
Subject: Re: SEU and V7R1.

If you get the fixed-term license, it stops working. And current list on that is 700+.

If you get the authorized user, it keeps on working, you just don't get support or maintenance. This license still lists for 940, not sure what support/maintenance is - hard to find online. So you can pay the maintenance annually or take your risks.

HTH
Vern