If I understand your question correctly, you have an indicator on one
record format in a display file and you are wanting to know if you can
re-use the indicator on another record format in a display file.

If that is the case, absolutely no reason. Each screen should be
setting it's own conditioning indicator before each write. Each screen
is a separate entity. I push this fact to the next level and code each
screen into a separate module and then bind together into a single
program. Each screen it's own world. Why mix all the code up for each
screen in the same program? I use the following for how I assign
indicators. So for example, if I had a subfile in two different
modules I would use indicator 27 to display the subfile in both
screens.

* ---------------------------------------------------------------
* Indicators
*