Any variable defined inside a procedure is automatic storage and is
recreated on every call to the procedure unless you use the STATIC
keyword.

Modified version shows the result. Variable defined inside the
procedure is always blank.

DSPLY
DSPLY
DSPLY ZEBRA
DSPLY
DSPLY ZEBRA

h Option(*Srcstmt:*Nodebugio:*NoUnref:*NoShowCpy)
h Main(TestStatic)

/copy *libl/qsrcf,cb_StdType
/copy *libl/qsrcf,cb_Std_Con

d TestStatic...