From: Nathan Andelin <nandelin@xxxxxxxxx>
To: RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, August 18, 2012 5:55 PM
Subject: You Got To Love Troubleshooting RPG calls To Java using EXTPROC(*JAVA)

I'm trying to get an RPG to Java call working under IBM i 7.1
Everything works fine under IBM i 5.4
The Java program runs fine from IBM i 7.1 QSH.
But I've gone around and around trying to troubleshoot the
RPG to Java call under IBM i 7.1 without success.

In the past, I've found that calling a CL program to set environment variables prior to calling Java

from RPG was a key to success.

This time I have NOT found the right recipe! The Java environment under 7.1 appears to be way
different from 5.4

Setting the JAVA_HOME, CLASSPATH, and QIBM_RPG_JAVA_PROPERTIES correctly was a key to getting this to work under 5.4

Is there an environment recipe for calling Java from RPG under 7.1?

-Nathan.