Jerry,

My gut answer would be 'no', but it really depends on how you've coded your
procedure. Any chance of seeing some code?

Rory

On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 9:44 AM, Gerald Kern <jp2558@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I have sub-procedure that does file maintenance and the files are opened at
the beginning and closed at the end of the sub-proc.

Key fields are passed, a chain occurs, and if a record is found three
fields are updated.

If the record is not found, the key fields, and the three fields (same as
during update) are written as a new record.

Question:

Is it possible that on a prior call to this sub-proc, where the chain
didn't fail, that all fields in the format are 'available' in memory even
though the sub-proc only references three fields (out of say 25 fields),
and would it be possible for those fields to 'bleed through' (during the
next call of the sub-proc) when the next record is added/written - even if
the file is opened and closed each time the sub-proc is called?

--
Thanks, Jerry