From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Anderson, Kurt
Sent: Monday, July 02, 2012 3:44 PM
To: RPG programming on the IBM i / System i
Subject: RE: Unexpected division quotient

Scott,

I should be safe because the greatest value we receive is 4 currently
(and that's been true for 10 years), and at most we currently store up
to 6 decimals, although to be safe (since RevDec is 2,0) I could check
for a value of 13 and error it. Or I could change it to a loop, which
would still be better than having to check for each possible value of
RevDec (which is what it currently does today).

Divisor = 1;
For i = 1 to ds_Inp.RevDec;
Divisor *= 10;
EndFor;

C = a / divisor;

I wanted to see if it was 14 or 15, though it looks like the 7.1 IBM
documentation isn't going to give an exact number.
"Double-precision floating-point is generally accurate to 15 digits of
precision."
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v7r1m0/index.jsp?topic=
%2Fdb2%2Frbafzch2num.htm

Thanks for the feedback,