The primary language of or AS400 is French. We have user profiles set up
for our English clients with the following attributes set.

LANGID = 'ENG'

CCSID = 1146

CNTRYID = 'GB'

When these profiles open a 5250 session to work with a number of menus
and programmes (RPG/CL) which we have not as yet converted to Java we
are getting the following message.

displayed in the sub file message part of the screen

Substitution characters may be used in data conversion.

CPF427D

Message . . . . : Substitution characters may be used for field.

Cause . . . . . : CCSID (Coded Character Set Identifier) compatibility

processing for one or more fields involved in specification 2 may
result in

substitution characters being used during the implementation of the
query.

The specifications and their unique information follow:

1 -- Derivation. The derived field is *N in query format *N. The
operand

is S4PRF with CCSID 1147. The resulting CCSID for the operand is
1146. If

the operand is *N, it is the result of some previous derivation.

2 -- Record selection. Operand number one is S4PRF with CCSID 1147.

Operand number two is HVR0001 with CCSID 1146.

In the Log we have this as well

Message . . . . : Substitution characters may be used in data
conversion.

Cause . . . . . : When converting data from Coded Character Set ID
(CCSID)

1147 to CCSID 1146 substitution characters may be used. Data in member

FSECU4L3, file FSECU4L3 in library DATAPAR may be affected. The times

substitution may occur are:

-- When inserting or updating a record.

-- When retrieving a record.

-- When using a key to retrieve a record or position to a record.

-- When getting back the key as part of I/O feedback of a record.

Is this going to prevent our programmes from working correctly ?

How can we avoid displaying this message ?

Thank you