That is not a BIF - it's a debug session keyword - it is used for all the languages, not just RPG.

To find all this information, put your cursor on the debug window command line and press F1 - then page down to the page that has the eval link - tab to it and press enter - you'll have far more to look at than you probably want.

Not sure where the error is coming from - non-displayable, perhaps.

You CAN do some limited calculations in the eval - not concatenation that I'm aware of, however.

Bug report time or DCR time, perhaps.

If you can send us or me the definition of the data structure, I can ask our support and see what the error means, also whence cometh it.

Good luck
Vern