I hate to hurt your feelings, but . . . did you check for non-displayable special characters? (sorry, had to.)

I had this situation with a source member that was created via FTP from a non-US system. I ended up fixing the thing on a PC. To see if that is the issue, go to the first line with that error and type blanks out to the end of line. . . Save/compile, to see if that error goes away.
++
Dennis
++
We're deep into the holiday gift-giving season, as you can tell from the fact that everywhere you look, you see jolly old St. Nick urging you to purchase things, to the point where you want to slug him right in his bowl full of jelly.
-- Dave Barry

Sent from my Galaxy tablet phone. Please excuse my brevity.
For any grammatic/spelling errors, there is no excuse.
++

"Jerry C. Adams" <midrange@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Checked again. Don't see anything to the left or right of what I
posted;
i.e., the string build code.

Jerry C. Adams
IBM i Programmer/Analyst
I hate sentences that begin "I hate to hurt your feelings, but.".
--
A&K Wholesale
Murfreesboro, TN