I'm not accusing anybody. But if everybody was perfectly honest, we would not need any security, so sadly, there is a fact that there are dishonest people. And in some places the proportion is higher, like in my country (look at http://www.transparecy.org)
On the other hand, advertizers don't go to magazines that offer to much good (and real) information about competing products, or against their product (like cigarretes)
I belive that is the reason why we don't see more articles on free software.