What happens if you prompt the message, it goes to the right place, and then you F9 on the command line? Does that look like you expect it to look?

On 7/15/2010 4:22 PM, dale janus wrote:
After much tweaking, I finally have my RPG program calling QCMDEXC and
sending a properly formatted message. I had problems with the length
parm (I had 15s 5, it must be 15p 5). Debug shows I have a properly
formatted command with quotes and everything.

SNDMSG MSG(' Billing batch 1714B entered on 07/14/10 has not
been updated ' ) TOMSGQ(DALE )

After all that work, the message does not appear to be sent.

If I type SNDMSG and prompt at the command line it sends the message.

If I paste the command above and press enter, it never appears in the
message que.

So what am I missing here?

My RPG program is reading a file that has the user name that I put into
the TOMSGQ parm. I suppose I could change it to workstation name and
try sending a break message, but I don't see how that would work any
differently.

Where is the message going to?

---Dale