So are the message details for the SQL cursor, SQL FETCH, and MCH0601 a secret, or does the /circumvention/ by avoiding the SQL just render that issue moot, such that there is no longer any interest in knowing what might have been the problem?

Regards, Chuck

Lim Hock-Chai wrote:
These code are running in a service program. Not sure if this
would place a role in the problem. But anyway, I replaced that
whole sections of code with RPG IO and it works fine now.

Here is the RPG replacement version:
//create a temp work file, QTEMP/SVRMLTMP,
// to house the message
myCmd = 'DLTF FILE(QTEMP/SVEMLTMP)'; callp(e) qcmdexc(myCmd :%len(%trimr(myCmd))); myCmd = 'CRTPF FILE(QTEMP/SVEMLTMP) RCDLEN(300)'; qcmdexc(myCmd :%len(%trimr(myCmd))); open SVEMLTMP; //copy the EMAILMSG member to a temp work file //-------------------------------------------------
myCmd = 'OVRDBF FILE(EMAILMSG) TOFILE(EMAILMSG) MBR(' + %trim(piMbr) + ') OVRSCOPE(*CALLLVL)'; qcmdexc(myCmd :%len(%trimr(myCmd))); open EMAILMSG; setll *start EMAILMSG; read EMAILMSG myMsgRec; dow not %eof(); mySVEMLTMP.data = myMsgRec.srcdta; write SVEMLTMP mySVEMLTMP; read EMAILMSG myMsgRec; enddo; close SVEMLTMP;