To: "'RPG programming on the IBM i / System i'" <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Dennis Lovelady" <iseries@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 01/19/2010 09:20AM
Subject: RE: 7Zip Problem

This belongs in the midrange-l forum.

I have installed 7Zip to my i, and add the symbolic link as bellow
ln -s /usr/local /QOpenSys/usr/local

And BTW, I wouldn't make a symbolic link from the root file system into
the QOpenSys file system. The root file system has not he same features
as the QOpenSys file system (f. e. case sensitivity).

In general, this is OK if you know what you're doing. However, I agree that
you shouldn't try to create a link between /QOpenSys/usr/local and
/usr/local.

Dennis Lovelady

Tried to play my shoehorn... all I got was footnotes!