I agree. The only REAL thing I would LOVE to see is removal of the 80
character limit for free-form c-specs,
You loose that, and life would be good. I can even live with ALL the
semi-colons.

David L. Mosley, Jr.
Technical Solutions Architect
Dancik International, Ltd.
2000 CentreGreen Way, Suite 250
Cary, NC 27513

www.dancik.com

Hans Boldt <hans@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
01/08/2010 10:31 AM
Please respond to
RPG programming on the IBM i / System i <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
Re: RPG V?

Kurt Anderson wrote:
Thanks for the article link, Hans.

I'm all in for a fully free format RPG. I really don't get what you're
talking about with a window of opportunity. I wish WDSC would color code
%BIFs. I've been wishing it for, oh, 5 years or more. If they suddenly
did it, I wouldn't say, "Sorry, you missed your opportunity." Now, if you
simply don't care about what they're doing, then that's a whole nother
story.

Kurt: I think you're missing my point. I certainly wouldn't mind seeing
a fully free-form RPG V language.

But I just don't see a rationale for it. That is, what problem is it
solving? Is it more important than other pressing needs? That always was
the question, and still is, the way I see it.

Without any substantive benefit, the only thing I can think of is that
IBM sees benefit in the buzz surrounding the change.

Cheers! Hans