As one who has had the misfortune to not any longer find work in the RPG
world, I think the rationale would be to try to match the situation with
other languages. I can easily for example, find code I need on thousands of
forums and web sites ( I code now in ASP.net database SQL Server and
Oracle). Of course, we have this list and some others do to the same, but
it's not the same I can tell you.
So maybe they are trying to popularize the language but I agree that it's
too litlle, too late kind of situation.
But they perhaps have targeted some companies where the i would be more cost
effective.