Hi all,

As Kurt says, the main point is not about a "missed window of
opportunity". I think that point here is that any improvement is
always welcome.

Bob's use of DCL opcodes remembers me of ASNA's Visual RPG. Its free
format RPG (Caviar) is based, loosely, on a CL-like type of syntax.
For example;

DCLDISKFILE NAME(FileName) TYPE(*INPUT) ORG(*INDEXED)
DCLFLD VarName *Char Len(30)

and so on. I concur that it can be a bit redundant.

What I would really appreciate is to be able to use more than one
instruction on a single line, but I'm not really hopeful on this
one...

Regards,

Luis Rodriguez

On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 10:39 AM, Kurt Anderson