In any case, if you are using EGL you are going to have to interface to RPG
on the back end. I cannot imagine anyone not having to do that and a lot of
shops are going to end up using EGL in the front end and RPG in the back end
so this discussion is very relavant to RPG.

The one thing that I absolutely suggest is that you create an abstraction
layer between the EGL or Java and the AS/400 RPG programs. Using Data Queues
or making program calls directly passing parameters is not a workable
solution. You want a solution where the EGL knows nothing of the RPG and the
RPG knows nothing of the EGL. You are simply sending message back and forth.

My opinion only.

On Tue, Jul 7, 2009 at 1:13 PM, David Fairbairn