It's like a decimal data error - take the "D" dump option and look at the value of all the screen fields.
Will usually be a hex or null value in an alpha field.
Jim Franz

----- Original Message ----- From: "Charles Wilt" <charles.wilt@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries" <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, October 08, 2008 4:59 PM
Subject: Permanent I/O Error occured to DSPF

All, I'm getting an error during I/O to a display file:

RNQ1251

Message . . . . : Permanent I/O error occurred in file FV011RP (C G D F).
Cause . . . . . : RPG procedure FV011R in program HLTHCURRLS/FV011R at
statement 11288 detected a permanent (not recoverable) file, session, or
device error. The session, device and/or program has been stopped. Examine
the major/minor return code value to determine the specific error that
occurred. If the major return code is 80 then a system or file error
occurred and programmer action is required to fix the problem. If the major
return code is 81 then a session or device error occurred, but use of
Technical description . . . . . . . . : The major return code is 80. The
minor return code is C0.

CPF5192
Message . . . . : Data sent to device QPADEV001X not valid. Negative
response code is 10050129.
Cause . . . . . : The condition was caused by the program output data
containing below hex 40 or too many input fields. More information on the
negative response code can be found in either the IBM 5494 Remote Control
Unit Functions Reference (under negative responses) or the SNA Formats
Manual (under SENSE or LUSTAT codes). Invalid data (below hex 40) may have
occurred in one of the following ways:
Invalid parameter data passed in variable to command language program.
Variable is used in SNDPGMMSG command. Command fails when data is
displayed.
Hexadecimal characters below hex 40 entered into TEXT parameter of create
command. Display command for object fails when object parameters are
displayed.
Data base record containing invalid data displayed by the application
program.
Failure to specify RSTDSP(*YES) when alternating displays from more than
one file to the device, where both files have input fields.

I've looked at the dump, I don't see any invalid characters (< x'40').

I looked up the sense code and it says:
10050129 = Format table overflow

Does anybody have an idea of what's wrong?

Thanks!

Charles Wilt