roryhewitt@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Of couse you could offload the processing to a separate program using
a data queue to avoid the performance hit - I've done that - it's
more work up front, but actually quite simple.

I do this also ... it works quite well and is quite fast.

In my case, I'm using the trigger to notify a java server of a database update ... so I send a data queue entry, containing information about the database change, that my java app picks up and processes.

david