Triggers are synchronous - are run inline with the database process - so they can delay things.

Journals are, too, of course, but you can run your compare afterwards - asynchronously - and have no effect on the database activity.

Eh?

Vern

From: "tim" <tim2006@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Kevin,

I thought about what you suggested and was not sure if the overhead was
worth the effort. But the journaling suggestion looks intriguing. I have
never worked with triggers before. I looks like the journal store the entire
record and not just the changed field(s). So, with that, it looks like I
still have to find out what changed and be able to display it to the users.

So, trigger or journal, or ???....

Feedback always appreciated...