John,

An alternative might be to create a batch (.bat) file either on your PC or
in the IFS and use FileProtocolHandler to execute that:

STRPCCMD PCCMD('rundll32 url, FileProtocolHandler "mysheet.bat"')

where mysheet.bat contains the commands to start Excel and open the file as
read-only.

Rory

p.s. I'm not exactly sure how to execute a file in the IFS *directly* via
this method. I do it by having my HTTP server set up so that you can display
files in a directory (/scripts/) in the IFS and then use the full URL, e.g.:

STRPCCMD PCCMD('rundll32 url, FileProtocolHandler
http://myas400/scripts/users/hewro01.bat')

This method also gets around the 123-character limit for the PCCMD
parameter. It's more of a hassle to display dynamically-named documents,
since you would need to create a new .bat file each time or change the
existing one. Just a little bit of programming though... :-)