Why not use teraspace??

Thanks,
Tommy Holden

-----Original Message-----
From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of albartell
Sent: Thursday, March 15, 2007 9:23 AM
To: 'RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries'
Subject: RE: Understanding User Indexes from RPG

What has motivated you to use User Indexes?  What benefit do they
provide?

The ability to have a dynamically sized array of information that is
indexed
and is faster to read/write to/from than DB2 tables (IBM's words, not
mine).
LOT's of possibilities for usage (think eliminating "work files").

Note also that User Indexes can retain state across IPL's and can be
saved
to tape.  I could see somebody extremely concerned about performance
DB2 lookup table data into User Indexes to gain that slight advantage.
I am
mostly theory now, but the better I understand them I can seem more
uses.

HTH,
Aaron Bartell