From: derhamj

3-Cheers to Mr. Bob for speaking the truth - quick,dirty and with iSeries
Access let's you do most of the stuff needed to generate a business
application. Admittedly it is not in vogue but maybe that's because the
youngsters don't know how to smoothly operate it or maybe the R&T boys of
IBM are trying to be our "Big Uncle.

UPDDTA lets you do most of what you need to do in a business application.
The point is whether the tool is better, and hands down, WDSC is better than
SEU and PDM.  From syntax highlighting to content assist to outline view to
multi-library searches, the capabilities of WDSC make SEU look -- well, look
like the 20-something software it is.  Wonderful for its time, but somewhat
outmoded.

The misreading of the market by the people at IBM in no way diminishes the
superiority of the tool.  In my mind, there are very few people at IBM who
understand the iSeries community and the fact that we are innovators, given
the proper tools.  Unfortunately, suggesting that SEU is a reasonable
alternative to WDSC helps the iSeries-challenged majority pigeonhole the
iSeries community as a bunch of technological Luddites.

Joe