A data dictionary is a specific construct on iSeries - made up of several PFs and LFs that start with QIDCT* - they get created in whatever library you use f(must exist) or the name of the data dictionary. There is a set of commands for working with them.

I'm not sure what good they are anymore - there is a report of use of fields - where used.

I think the QADBIFLD file is not quite the same thing - although equivalent in function.

For those who want to play, try CRTDTADCT followed by a series of ADDDTADFN commands. There should be more about it in Info Center. Do we even have IDDU anymore?

Later
Vern