From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of M. Lazarus
Sent: woensdag 20 december 2006 3:49
To: RPG400-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Compiler debug or undocumented limitation?

  This code will not compile, despite the manual saying that
an expression is valid:

D A         S        1a     Dim( 100 )
D B         S        1a     Dim( 25 )
D Idx       S        5u0

  /Free
    FOR Idx = 1 TO %Elem( A ) / %Elem( B ) ;
    ENDFOR ;
    *INLR = *On ;
  /End-Free

  Changing this line from:

    FOR Idx = 1 TO %Elem( A ) / %Elem( B ) ;

  to:

    FOR Idx = 1 TO %Div( %Elem( A ): %Elem( B )) ;

  satisfies the compiler.  Adding parentheses to the first
example doesn't help.  Can someone explain why the first one
is invalid?

  -mark