Rory Hewitt wrote:

Check out this thread on the systemiNetwork:
http://www.systeminetwork.com/isnetforums/showthread.php?t=45802. Although
it deals with the specific issue of duplicate CONST parameters, it does
include some code to allow you to get any OpDesc information without using
CEEDOD...

Now I don't know whether the problem with CEEDOD returning a 0 for a DS is
with CEEDOD or is with the fact that the OD is passed incorrectly, but if
it's the former, you could try using the following code in a copybook to
bypass uisng CEEDOD:

Rory, the problem is on the caller's end; the OD is not being passed for
a data structure parameter.  So that alternate way of getting the OD
information won't help.

David, here's one way to get around the problem pre-V5R3, by defining
another copy of your E-DS, so you can use it as a basis for a subfield
defined LIKE.  Then you pass that subfield instead.

add  D dataQueueEntry_getSize...
add  D               E DS                  extname(EXTDSPF) qualified
add  D                                     based(dummy)
     D dataQueueEntry...
     D               E DS                  extname(EXTDSPF) qualified
inz
add  D   parm                              like(dataQueueEntry_getSize)
add  D                                     overlay(dataQueueEntry)
chg        moreEntries = getClientData(pListId: dataQueueEntry.parm);

Another way is to use a based character view of your data structure.

     D dataQueueEntry...
     D               E DS                  extname(EXTDSPF) qualified
inz
add  D pDataQueueEntry...
add  D                 S              *    inz(%addr(dataQueueEntry))
add  D dataQueueEntryParm...
add  D                 S                   like(dataQueueEntry)
add  D                                     based(pDataQueueEntry)
chg        moreEntries = getClientData(pListId: dataQueueEntryParm);