Hi Matt,

I assume by fields 2 and 5 you mean fields named Value2 and Value5. In the example below, I used edit code P (zero balances, no commas and floating minus sign):

c                   eval      sqlstmt = %trim(sqlstmt) +
c %trim(insert) + ' ' + c ' ' + %trim(filnam) + c ' ' + %trim(fields ) + c ' VALUES(' + c Q + Value1 + Q + ',' + c %editc(Value2:'P') + c Q + Value3 + Q + ',' + c Q + Value4 + Q + ',' + c %editc(Value5:'P') +')'

*Peter Dow* /
Dow Software Services, Inc.
909 793-9050
pdow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:pdow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> /

Matt Gross wrote:
I have a need to pass a string to a procedure that will execute an SQL
statement.
Is there a way to include a numeric field with this? I've tried a few things, buy they've been unsuccessful. I've done this is the past, but can't locate the example. In the below example, fields 2 and 5 are numeric. This example fails: c eval sqlstmt = %trim(sqlstmt) + c %trim(insert) + ' ' + c ' ' + %trim(filnam) + c ' ' + %trim(fields ) + c ' VALUES(' + c Q + Value1 + Q + ',' + c Value2 + c Q + Value3 + Q + ',' + c Q + Value4 + Q + ',' + c Value5 +')' TIA, Matt