From: Mike Troxclaire [mailto:mike_troxclaire@xxxxxxxxxxx] Sent: Friday, June 16, 2006 2:56 PM
To: rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re:RPG Education.

Bob,

Thanks for the input. I am the only person who needs to learn RPG so I
don't think the higher powers in our company would think it to be financially feasible to have on site training. I tried a few books and learnt the basics. I learnt lot of good stuff from "Programming in RPG IV" Third Edition by Bryan Meyers & Judy Yaeger. I find myself referring frequently to "The Modern RPG IV Language -- Second Edition". I love it... I need to purchase the Third Edition, don't I? I have put in a request. It should not take long for approval...:). Another book is "Free Format RPG IV" by Jim

Martin and the problem that I have with this book is that there are lots
of gaps in the programming examples and I am not at that level where I can easily comprehend all the code. So, are there any good books that you would recommend at MC Press Online?

Thanks again for all the suggestions.

Mike.

Is your PC infected? Get a FREE online computer virus scan from
McAfee(r) Security. http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=3963