No they don't.  They can be anything, they just have to match.

I thought the EXTPGM was required, I always put it there, but I seem to
recall Barbara correcting me at one point, however a quick search failed
to turn up anything.  So let's just say EXTPGM has to be there :-)

Consider that usually the prototype is in a separate file, so other
programs/procedures can use CALLP.  Thus, they need to know the EXTPGM
name in order to call the program.

Matt, I think there is a problem someplace else in your code.  Can you
post the from the PR to the first few c-specs?  Or maybe even from the
start of the source to the first few c-specs.

Thanks,

Charles Wilt
Mitsubishi Electric Automotive America
ph: 513-573-4343