That's true, Barbara, but there may well be times especially in debugging
that I want to set those flags just to quickly test severe error conditions.
This happens often in boundary testing where I really don't want to have to
purposely corrupt the database, but I want to make sure my code executes
properly in case it does get corrupted.

With indicators, it's quite easy to feign a missing master record.  With
BIFs it's much more difficult.

Joe