Hi Michael
Mod 10 check digit calculation is where you start with a number, lets say
1234567890. Each of the digits is then multiplied by either 1 or 2
depending upon its position, with the low-end position being multiplied by
2, then the next position to the left, being multiplied by 1, then the next
position to the left, being multiplied by 2,  then the next position to the
left, being multiplied by 1, etc.
For this example 1234567890 becomes
1 x 1 = 1
2 x 2 = 4
3 x 1 = 3
4 x 2 = 8
5 x 1 = 5
6 x 2 = 12
7 x 1 = 7
8 x 2 = 16
9 x 1 = 9
0 x 2 = 0
These answers are then accumulated, in this instance 1 + 4 + 3 + 8 + 5 + 12
+ 7 + 16 + 9 + 0 = 65
The last digit of this answer (5 of 65) is then subtracted from 10, giving
the answer 5
Therefore the check digit for the number 1234567890 is 5
This is how the check digit for a bank account number is calculated.

I quickly wrote this down, and I'm pretty sure this is the correct way to
do the Mod 10 check digit calculation.

Again, if anyone can help, much appreciated

Alan Shore

NBTY, Inc
(631) 244-2000 ext. 5019
AShore@xxxxxxxx

             Michael_Schutte@b
             obevans.com
             rpg400-l-bounces@         RPG programming on the AS400 /
             midrange.com              iSeries <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
                                                                        cc

             04/12/2006 03:04                                      Subject
             PM                        Re: Mod 10 check digit calculation

             Please respond to
              RPG programming
              on the AS400 /
                  iSeries
             <rpg400-l@midrang
                  e.com>

You want a mod 10 calculation of a number right?

11 mod 10 = 1

%Rem(11:10) = 1

Am I missing something?

Michael Schutte