I am attempting to use %subarr for the first time and need some help.

I have the following definitions:

D DlrDs           Ds                  Qualified

D  Idx                                Like(A_8)

D  Code                               Like(A_8)

D  Type                               Like(A_7)

D  DlrA                               Like(A_6)

D  GrpA                               Like(A_6)

D  Name                               Like(A_40)

D  City                               Like(A_20)

D  Stat                               Like(A_10)

D DlrBase         S               *   Inz

D Dlr             Ds                  Based(DlrBase)

D                                     LikeDs(DlrDs)

D                                     Dim(2500)

I create a user space, retrieve its address, and assign the address to
'DlrBase'.

I then read through a couple of files and fill Dlr till all (today it was
1809) records have been read.

I had then tried to resize Dlr to 1809 (Idx = 1809) elements with the
following /Free code:

%subarr(Dlr:1:Idx);

And received the following compiler error:

*RNF5410 30      1 The prototype for the call is not defined.

referencing the line# with the '%subarr'

Is this telling me that there I do not have the prototype for '%Subarr' ?

If so, why not, considering I am at V5R3 with a PTF level of 5207 installed?

If not, how can I fix whatever it is I am doing wrong?

If I comment out the line containing the '%subarr the program compiles and
in debug show expected values.

(Dlr.Idx = 1809 (current number of records inserted) and Dlr.DlrA = the
correct value from the last record read.),

TIA

Tim Kredlo