Will this work for you?

C  eval   fee = $4.00 * ( 1 + %Int($650 / $500))

Roger Mackie

-----Original Message-----
From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Booth Martin
Sent: Friday, January 27, 2006 4:27 PM
To: RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries
Subject: eval divide and drop decimals.

I need to charge a fee of $4.00 per $500, or fraction thereof.

So, if the Amount is $650.22 then the fee will be $8.00.  All these
fields are currency, so they are 2 decimals.

C  eval   fee = $4.00 * ( 1 + ($650 / $500))
gives the result I want, excepting that $650/$500 is not 1.00

I want to drop the decimals but don't know how to do it without an
intermediate work field.

Any ideas?  (Half adjust won't do it either for a couple of reasons.)

--
Booth Martin