From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Michael Jacobsen
Sent: Wednesday, November 30, 2005 12:50 PM
To: RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries
Subject: Re: To ride The Cycle or not to ride (was Re: INZSR weirdness)

Been programming in RPG IV for 2 years now and the only time I have
encountered the cycle was during my training using ATS tapes.   From my
(little) experience, it seems that using the cycle would fall under the
"tricks" category and could be bad programming practice.  Since fewer
people are using it and therefore they don't understand how it works, it
just becomes harder to maintain.

And I'm not saying I won't run it to it at some point... just saying I
haven't yet.  And it's use here would likely be frowned upon.

jmho

-Mike