I don't see any practical use for it and I have never seen it as a choice
for date format.  I think he's looking for Julian date. (Not Lillian's
husband! :)  The julian format is supported using the *JUL or *LONGJUL
depending on whether you want a 2 or a 4 digit year.

You don't see a practical use for a Lilian date, but you do for a Julian date? Really? Why?

IMHO, Lilian dates are far more useful than Julian. I don't see why you'd ever want to use a Julian date, other than for compatibility with some standard that requires it. Packaging standards, for example.

Lilian dates are extremely useful for date math. In ILE RPG this isn't a big deal because of the extensive date math operations, but in CL programs or other languages that don't support date math, a lilian date is an absolute godsend!