Lilian dates are used by the various ILE CEE APIs.  In the V5R3 Information
Center they can be found under Programming/APIs/APIs by category/ILE
CEE/Date and Time APIs

This type of format is very useful when working for instance with
durations.

Bruce Vining

             "Weber, Richard"
             <Weberr@xxxxxxxxx
             Sent by:                  "'RPG programming on the AS400 /
             rpg400-l-bounces@         iSeries'" <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
             midrange.com                                               cc

                                                                   Subject
             10/11/2005 10:47          RE: Date question
             AM

             Please respond to
              RPG programming
              on the AS400 /
                  iSeries

When I first read "Lillian date" I thought it was either a joke or a typo.
But I ran a search on it and came up with the following definition:

Lillian date.  The Lillian date is the number of days since 14 October 1582
[being the beginning of the Gregorian Calendar], and the valid range of the
Lillian dates is 1 to 3,074,324. [ 15 October 1582 to 31 December 9999 ].
Named for Aloysius Lilius who was an advisor to Pope Gregory XIII & who
together with his brother constructed the Gregorian Calendar.

I don't see any practical use for it and I have never seen it as a choice
for date format.  I think he's looking for Julian date. (Not Lillian's
husband! :)  The julian format is supported using the *JUL or *LONGJUL
depending on whether you want a 2 or a 4 digit year.

Rick Weber | TЯU International