Getting the lilian date and back again is easy:

 *
 *  API to parse a character date into lilian format
 *
D CEEDAYS         PR                  opdesc
D   char_date                   80A   const options(*varsize)
D   date_format                 80A   const options(*varsize)
D   lilian_date                 10I 0
D   feedback                    12A   options(*omit)
 *
 *  API to create character date from lilian format
 *
D CEEDATE         PR                  opdesc
D   lilian_date                 10I 0 const
D   date_format                 80A   const options(*varsize)
D   char_date                   80A   options(*varsize)
D   feedback                    12A   options(*omit)
D fmt1            c                   'Mmmmmmmmmz ZD, YYYY'
D fmt2            c                   'ZM/ZD/YYYY'
D iso             c                   'YYYYMMDD'
D mydate          s             50A
D temp            s              8A
D lil             s             10I 0
D DateFld         s               D
 **  Test converting date to lilian and back
**   lil  should result in 153396
 **  DateFld should result in 2002-10-08
 **
c                   eval      mydate = '20021008'
c                   callp     CEEDAYS(mydate: iso: lil: *omit)
c                   callp     CEEDATE(lil: iso: temp: *omit)
c                   eval      DateFld = %date(temp: *ISO0)
c                   dsply                   lil
c                   dsply                   DateFld
c                   eval      *inlr = *on

Thank you,

Karen Hodge
Senior System Analyst
Genesys Health System
1000 Healthpark Blvd, Grand Blanc, Mi 48439
Office 810.606.5180, Fax 810.606.7204
khodge@xxxxxxxxxxx