The way you propose to do is means, the procedures are in the same programme.
Then the MODS and the counter can be declared globally. And I think it is a
waste of resources to first fill a MODS and then read a MODS in the same
programme, unless it is embedded SQL (FETCH INTO xx ROWS).

I think the requester wants to return a MODS from an externally called
procedure. Then a pointer may be a solution, if the MODS is in contaguous
storage.

Does it have tp be a MOFDS, anyway? Can it not be an array?

Just my thoughts.

Regards,
Carel Teijgeler.