From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Simonse, Arco (CMK)
Sent: Monday, June 06, 2005 5:04 PM
To: RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries
Subject: RE: multi language interfaces

Hi Carel,

I'm a little confused about the usage of MSGCON and MSGID. Is the
override giving other results than replacing the library list for a
language? Does it mean that the message constant is not stored in the
display file? The manual says for MSGCON:
"If you change the message description, you will have to create the file
again if you want the display file to contain the updated message."

TIA, Arco

DISCLAIMER:
This message contains information that may be privileged or
confidential and is the property of C.Meijer B.V. It is intended only for
the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient,
you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy,disseminate, distribute,
or use this message or any part thereof. If you
receive this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and
delete all copies of this message.

This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept by the
presence of computer viruses