>"It must precede any other SQL statements"
>is valid for SQL programming, that means SQL stored procedures and SQL
user
>defined functions.
No, it means wherever an SQL SET OPTION statement can be used, it must
be before any other SQL statement.

>A set option statement can only be defined once in the source member, even
>if the member contains several independent procedures or functions.
When running with the precompiler, you can have more than one set option
statement, but if you list the same option with different values it will
take the last one.

1) set option datfmt = *mdy, timfmt = *iso
2) set option datfmt = *iso, naming = *sys

that would be the same as having
set option datfmt = *iso, timfmt = *iso, naming = *sys

>The only dictated sequence in embedded SQL in RPG is, a DECLARE cursor
>statement, must precede the OPEN cursor statement.
Removing this restriction..hmm..where have I heard that before??? :)

date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 21:27:32 +0200
from: "HauserSSS" <Hauser@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
subject: AW: SQLRPGLE won't compile...

Hi guys,

"It must precedee any other SQL statements"
is valid for SQL programming, that means SQL stored procedures and SQL user
defined functions.

In embedded SQL the SET OPTION statement contains only compiler options and
can be positioned on any place in the source.
A set option statement can only be defined once in the source member, even
if the member contains several independent procedures or functions.

The only dictated sequence in embedded SQL in RPG is, a DECLARE cursor
statement, must precede the OPEN cursor statement.

Birgitta